Set flat rulesIt’s important to have this conversation with anyone who is interesting in being your flatmate. They need to know what they’re agreeing to by living here and you have every right to be picky about the type of stranger you’re allowing to live with you. A few flat rules you might want to set can include:
- Notice before having more than one or two guests over. Especially if your flat is small and you both decide to invite people over and it turns into a tin of sardines situation.
- No walking around the flat half-dressed or leaving intimates and laundry lying around.
- No entertaining of guests until late at night during the exam period.
- No eating or drinking on the white lounge furniture your parents bought for the flat.
- And always use a coaster for glasses on the wooden dining room furniture.