How and Where to Apply:All applicants may obtain a KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health Bursary Application Form from the nearest Government Hospital, Human Resource Department, to where your family home is in KwaZulu-Natal. DO NOT go to the nearest Government Hospital to where you stay while at University, it may not be your home town. You or a family member must collect and sign for the application form. You must return the FULLY COMPLETED form to the same Hospital you collected it from.
Who Can Apply:A poster advertising the KZN Department of Health’s Bursary Program will be placed at all Provincial Hospitals, Internet, Clinics and Municipal Offices, and will clearly display the respective fields of study / scarce skills required by the KZN Department of Health. Please ensure that you apply for a bursary if you are indeed studying for a degree/diploma as captured and advertised on the poster per District. You may therefore not apply for a bursary if the field of study you intend studying toward is not captured /reflected on the poster.
When Can You Apply:KZN Department of Health Bursary Application Forms, for each academic year, can be collected from all Provincial Hospitals from 01/05 to 31/08 of every year. Late applications will not be considered.
- The applicant must be from KwaZulu-Natal
- The applicant must have a good academic record
- The applicant must have proof of application/registration to a Tertiary Institution
- The applicant must not be in receipt of another bursary
- The student must not have another degree/diploma
- Recommendations will be made on a sliding scale in terms of parents income as follow:
- R0 – R120000 (Tuition, Meals, Books, Accommodation)
- R121000 – R150000 (Tuition, Meals and Accommodation)
- R151000 – R200000 (Tuition, Accommodation, Books)
- R201000 – R250000 (Tuition, Accommodation)
- R251000 – R300000 (Tuition only)
Closing date for applications: 31 August of every year